A residence from the 17th Century
Once the hunting lodge in the middle of the historical city of Greding, the castle was erected under the leadership of prince-bishop Johann Euchar Schenk of Castell (1685-1697). According to the Latin inscribed on the crest on the front of the building, the castle was built by master builder Jakob Engel in 1696. It served primarily as a summer residence and was the starting point for many hunts in the surrounding area. The castle was lovingly restored in its original style and is an international gathering point and a house for art from all eras as well as modern interior design.